Most of us have no shortage of activities keeping us busy with our kids, but once in awhile we find ourselves with an open schedule and an itch to get out and do something adventurous.
Here’s 5 recommendations of what do around Fort Worth this weekend:
- Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine A life-size Thomas train will be in Grapevine this weekend, giving kids a chance to ride trains, engage with Thomas characters, ad play games. Presented by Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Advance purchase tickets recommended.
- TCU goes head to head with the Longhorns Saturday Oct 2nd at 11am. Amon G Carter Stadium in Fort Worth. Get tickets here
- Movies- Addams Family 2 releases in theaters this weekend, and my kids enjoyed the first one. If you’re looking for movie night at home, I suggest My Litte Pony: A New Generation on Netflix. My whole family loved it (I may or may not have been listening to the soundtrack incessantly all week).If you want something for older kids, Venom: Let There Be Carnage opens this weekend exclusively in theaters, and it’s big fun (saw it last night). Stick around for the post-credit scene with HUGE implications for Marvel movies moving forward! My theater of choice is AMC Clearfork.
- The Stockyards- cheap as free! we took our kids last weekend. We walked the strip, stopped in shops, grabbed some grub, and watched the walking of the longhorns at 4pm (also happens at 12pm, I think). You can spend as much or as little as you want when you visit historic downtown!
- Fort Worth Music Academy’s big fall concert in Sunday Oct 3rd at 3pm at Ridglea Room. How could I not include this one? Tickets are $7 for guests and free for performers. Students of all ages will be taking to the stage to share their musical talents on guitar, piano, bass, drums, and voice. Plus we’re raffling off some sweet prizes including a week of rock band camp. Come hang with us!