If your kids are in Fort Worth ISD like mine are, then you’ve got a 4-day weekend with your rugrats!
Here’s 5 ways to keep your kiddos out of trouble (or at least get in trouble on someone else’s property) this weekend:
- Exhibition: Picturing the American West– since we live in the city where “The West Begins,” it’s fitting to include an art exhibit featuring the American West. My kids do surprisingly well at museums, which shocked me to discover. And the work of Charles Russell is featured, who is from my dad’s hometown of Helena, MT.
- Marcelo and Miguel “Spectacular Guitar”– in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, check out this duo performing Latin American, Flamenco, and Spanish guitar pieces over at Arts Fifth Avenue.
- Fall Festival– hosted by Luv N Care Learning Center on Boat Club Road. I never tire of taking my kids to free events 😉
- River Legacy Fall Festival is Sat Oct 9th in Arlington. If you’ve never been to River Legacy Park, this looks to be a fun opportunity to visit. Plus it’s FREE!
- The Movies- ok, same as last week, but this weekend I’m actually taking my family to see Addams Family 2 in theaters. Inexpensive (compared to lots of family outings, especially the matinees), quiet, and dark. Just the way I like it!
What Ft Worth activities for families did I miss that you’d recommend?